Sunday, April 8, 2012

Apple Dumplings

These are delicious. This is a Pioneer Woman recipe that she put out a few years ago. At the time I thought they looked good, but I never made the time to try the recipe. I've been missing out. I used three apples instead of 2 and made 12 of these. There were 4 leftover pieces of dough, and I just wrapped up them up like crescents and baked them alongside. I think they were almost better than the ones with apples in them. I really want to try this recipe using canned peach halves next.
Apple Dumplings
2 apples, peeled and sliced into 8 slices each
2 cans of crescent rolls
2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 t. cinnamon
12 oz. Mt. Dew
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in the pan. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over the dumplings, making sure they are totally covered in goo.  Pour Mt. Dew around the dumplings. Evenly sprinkle the top with cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. "totally covered in goo"; that's why I love reading your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you use Sierra Mist or Sprite instead of Mt. Dew? I am pregnant and don't want to take in any caffeine.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would work fine. It is possible they make caffeine free Mt. Dew too, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete